Concept of the "Normal Range" in Physiology
* Biological parameters always vary around some "normal set-point"
* No biological parameter ever stays at a constant value
* The normal range includes approx. 95% of a stated normal population
* Sex (M/F) may influence the values of the normal range
* Age, ethnicity, and culture may influence the normal range in human populations
* Reproductive status can alter values of the normal range
* Some normal individuals will always be "low" or "high"
* Drugs may alter values of parameters measured in blood tests
* Different laboratories will have different "normals"
* Handling of blood samples influences end results
Normal ranges for many medical parameters in humans
Another source for normal ranges in humans
What is the normal range????
Normal Feline and Canine Blood Chemistry Values
Reference values for many animals
Typical display of veterinary blood values